Check that the device is genuine
This guide will ensure your new Blockchain Lockbox is authentic and ready for safe use. Along with the steps outlined below, the Blockchain Lockbox protects your funds from a wide range of potential threats with a combination of hardware and software security.
The authenticity of your new Blockchain Lockbox can be verified by checking:
- The contents in the box
- The state of the recovery sheet
- The initial state of the Lockbox device
What contents are inside a genuine Lockbox package?
- A Lockbox hardware device
- 3 paper cards: Getting Started, Recovery Sheet, and Regulatory
- Accessories: a keychain, keyring, and lanyard
- Extra packaging material (unmarked foam / cardboard)
The state of the recovery sheet
- The Recovery Sheet of a newly unpackaged device will always arrive blank
- If the Recovery Sheet is already filled in, the device may be preconfigured. Do not use the device and contact support immediately.
- We will never provide a 24-word recovery phrase in any way, shape, or form. Only trust a recovery phrase you obtained from the screen of your Lockbox.
The initial state of the Lockbox device
- When turning on a Lockbox device for the first time, the device screen should display Welcome and Press both buttons to begin.
- If the Lockbox device requires a PIN code and you have not set one up yet, or if a PIN code is provided by anyone else, it is not safe for you to use the device. Contact support immediately.
- We will never provide a PIN code in any way, shape, or form. Always choose the PIN code yourself.
- Your Lockbox Recovery sheet will always arrive blank.
- When you initialize your Lockbox for the first time, you should see a Welcome screen
- Always choose your own PIN code, and not one that is provided by anyone else.
- If it appears the device may be preconfigured, do not use it and contact support immediately.