To purchase, start by entering the amount of local currency you would like to spend. If you enter an amount outside of your allowed limits, an error message will tell you how to adjust the purchase value. Once you’ve created an account, your daily limits will also show here with a button to increase this value if you’d like to purchase more. Based on the value you enter, the current price per bitcoin will be displayed along with the estimated amount of bitcoin you will receive. You also have the option here to make this purchase a recurring weekly or monthly order by checking the box next to Make this a recurring order. Once you’re ready to go, click Buy Bitcoin.
When making a credit card purchase, check that the order details are correct, then click Confirm. Enter your 3D Secure credit card details, optionally click the checkmark to save this credit card for future purchases, and click Pay Now. Finally, enter and register your mobile number. Your order will now be Pending* and the purchased bitcoin will arrive in your wallet soon! After your first purchase, you will need to wait 7 days before you can begin your second purchase. Once you’ve made several purchases, you may be asked to submit identity information to continue making credit card purchases.
*Please note that fraud detection services may cause your order to go into review or be rejected. If this occurs, please reach out to Coinify support here.
For bank transfers, you will need to submit documents to verify your identity prior to placing your first order. You will only need to do this once! After this information has been approved, which can take up to 3 business days, simply enter an amount, select Bank Transfer as your payment method, check that your order details are correct, and click Confirm. Coinify will email you additional instructions as soon as you place the order. Send the transfer if you agree with the terms in the email. Once Coinify has received the funds from your transfer, your bitcoin will be on its way to your wallet!
The exact length of time a transaction takes to complete varies by amount, country, and payment option. You can always check the status of an order in your Order History. You’re all done, congrats!
Tips for card trades
- Cards that are not 3D Secure will be rejected by the system
- Cards issued outside the EU will be rejected by the system
- All card transactions are subjected to an automated risk engine evaluation (even after successful trades and identity verification/KYC) Having your identity verified does not mean that all future card trades will be automatically accepted
- If your card is charged for a transaction that later gets rejected by the risk engine, an automated refund will be issued. It may take a few days for the funds to show up in your account.
Tips for bank trades
- The email Coinify sends you will contain the most updated information about processing times and tips
- Make the bank transfer only to the account provided on that email. Please note that each new order will generate a new email with details specific to that order)
- Use your own bank account - transfers from Spouses' accounts, corporate accounts, and sole trader accounts will be rejected
- Send the payment with the same amount and currency of the order details to avoid processing delays
- Include the 0.25% payment fee in the same transfer - do not sent a separate one
- Please keep in mind that some administrative fees might apply if these instructions are not followed
- Cancelling the order after the payment was sent out does not prevent processing. The order will be processed by Coinfy if a payment for it is received in a timely manner.
- Remember to include the Order ID as reference text/ message to the receiver when sending the transfer from your bank. Each Order has a unique ID to be used only once.
- Bank orders are completed with the current rate at the moment of processing.